The Library has 45 study rooms available for group use throughout the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th floors. Most are available without reservation on a first come, first served basis. Four study rooms on the HS/HSL’s second floor and ten on the third floor may be reserved for group study.
Priority is given to UM faculty, staff and students.
Each room has a table and chair, white board, wireless and plug-in internet connection, and electrical outlets. Additionally, most study rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor are equipped with LCD panels to facilitate collaborative study.
White board markers are available to be picked up at the Information Services Desk.
Feel free to bring in snacks and drinks while you’re studying.
- Study rooms are meant for groups of two or more.
- Rooms may be reserved up to three hours a day. Hours do not need to be consecutive.
- You may reserve rooms up to three weeks in advance.
- Study rooms must be reserved at least one hour before use.
- Rooms are self-monitoring. If someone is in a room that you have reserved, kindly ask them to leave or go to the Information Services Desk and ask for assistance.
- UM faculty, staff & students may reserve rooms using their University of Maryland email address.
Reserve a room today. Questions? Please call the Information Services Desk at 410-706-7995.