As part of this year’s Open Access Week, the HS/HSL will be hosting a
Scholarly Publishing Workshop Series.
Tuesday, Oct. 23
Noon to 12:30 p.m. Choosing the Right Journal for Your Research
- Key factors to consider when choosing a journal
- Tools to help you identify potential journals that match your research
12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m. Open Access and Predatory Publishing
- What is open access and why should you publish in OA journals?
- Red flags and evaluating journal quality
Wednesday, Oct. 24
Noon to 12:30 p.m. Author IDs
- Author IDs in ORCID, Google Scholar, and Scopus
- How author IDs can enhance your impact
12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m. Drop-in session for individual help with your author ID
Thursday, Oct. 25
Noon to 12:30 p.m. Enhancing Your Research Impact
- Establishing your scholarly identity
- Making strategic publishing decisions
12:30 p.m. to 1 p.m. Drop-in session for individual help with enhancing your impact
All workshops will be held in Room LL03 on the Library’s Lower Level. Walk-ins are welcome, but you may also register.