With the fall semester beginning, the HS/HSL would like to share some tips to help you get the most out of your time at UMB!
- Need to study with a group, or just want to have a space to shut out distractions? You can reserve certain study rooms throughout the 2nd and 3rd floors. No reservations needed for the rest of the library study spaces!
- Want to learn a new skill, or need a refresher on a resource you haven’t used in a while? Attend one of our free workshops on topics ranging from which citation manager to use, graphic design principles in PowerPoint, and health information resources for culturally diverse patients. For more in-depth research help, you can request a consultation with your school’s librarian.
- Need help? Our Information Services staff are here for you! Visit in person at the desk on the first floor, call 410-706-7995, or use the online chat to get assistance with searching databases, locating items, scanning documents, and more. Go to the Ask Us! page to use the online chat or view answers to frequently asked questions.
- Forgot your charger and your electronic device is about to die? Use our first-floor charging station, located near the restrooms. These secure lockers contain cords compatible with various devices. There are also USB charging ports at most first-floor seating areas.
- Don’t want to lug a laptop around all day? Make use of the desktop computers available throughout all floors of the library. All you need to log in is the barcode from the back of your UMB OneCard!