The HSHSL is here for you. Don’t hesitate to ask for help at the Information Services desk; we’re happy to assist. You can also reach us by email at email@example.com, telephone at 410-706-7995, or chat at https://answers.hshsl.umaryland.edu/.
Here is a top ten list of common questions with links to guide you to the answer or service.
- How do I print?
Follow these instructions.
- How do I order a book or article the Library does not own?
Use our interlibrary loan service. It is free for students.
- How do I meet with a librarian about my assignment or research?
Request a consultation.
- How do I reserve a study room?
Follow the instructions on the reservations page.
- How do I get help with citation managers?
You can request a consultation, attend a workshop or read the citation manager subject guide.
- How do I request a poster to be printed?
Fill out this form.
- How do I correctly size my poster?
Instructions are here.
- How do I search the Library’s books and journals?
You can use the OneSearch box located on our front page, or check the library’s catalog.
- How do I log in to the Library from off campus?
Click the blue “Off-Campus Access” button in the upper-right corner of our homepage then use your UMID and password to log in.
- How do I enter the Library before 8:00 a.m.?
Enter the Library from the Campus Center from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m., Monday – Friday.
Do you have a question that has not been addressed here? Contact us directly or check the Ask Us! database of questions – your answer may already be there.