The Center for Data and Bioinformation Services (CDABS) is the University of Maryland Health Sciences and Human Services Library hub for data and bioinformation learning, services, resources, and communication.
- Over the past year, RStudio has made significant enhancements to their products with respect to their support for Python and the ability to interoperate. In this webinar, you will learn how RStudio helps organizations tackle the challenge of working with R and Python, with a focus on some of the recent additions that have helped deepen the happy relationship between R and Python. (3-minute registration): https://pages.rstudio.net/RStudio_R_Python.html
- CyVerse provides life scientists with powerful computational infrastructure to handle huge datasets and complex analyses, thus enabling data-driven discovery. Their extensible platforms provide data storage, bioinformatics tools, data visualization, interactive analyses, cloud services, APIs, and more. Every other Friday they provide free, half-hour webinars on science and technology topics to help you do your research and share your discoveries and include Q&A with data science experts. Video-recordings and other materials are made available after each live event. (3-minute registration): https://cyverse.org/webinars
- Join Trifacta on April 7-9 for the Wrangle Summit 2021, the first event focused exclusively on data wrangling— the most interesting, messy, and opportunity-rich area of the data lifecycle that comes before analysis. Trifacta’s mission is to create radical productivity for people who analyze data. They’re deeply focused on solving for the biggest bottleneck in the data lifecycle, data wrangling, by making it more intuitive and efficient for anyone who works with data. (5–minute read & 5-minute registration): https://www.trifacta.com/events/wrangle-summit-2021/
- Galaxy is an open source, web-based platform for data intensive biomedical research. The Galaxy Webinar Series features short online talks that have Galaxy as a focus. Anyone can attend these. Videos of most webinars are available. Webinars are hosted all over the world and happen at least once a month. (5-minute read & 5-minute registration): https://galaxyproject.org/events/webinars/
- European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), an international, innovative and interdisciplinary research organization, EMBL’s European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI), webinar series is a freely accessible collection of live seminars focused on EMBL-EBI resources. They provide both brief introductions to a range of databases and more in-depth coverage of new features and tools to assist you in your research. Each webinar is delivered by an EMBL-EBI expert and is followed by a question-and-answer session. (5-minute read & 3-minute registration): https://www.ebi.ac.uk/training/webinars
Contact: Amy Yarnell, Data Services Librarian and Jean-Paul Courneya, Bioinformationist — at firstname.lastname@example.org.